iasynchronous event notification library - development files
Libuv is the asynchronous library behind Node.js. Very similar to libevent or libev, it provides the main elements for event driven systems: watching and waiting for availability in a set of sockets, and some other events like timers or asynchronous messages. However, libuv also comes with some other extras like:
* files watchers and asynchronous operations
* a portable TCP and UDP API, as well as asynchronous DNS resolution
* processes and threads management, and a portable inter-process
communications mechanism, with pipes and work queues
* a plugins mechanism for loading libraries dynamically
* interface with external libraries that also need to access the I/O.
Install this package if you wish to develop your own programs using the libuv engine.